What if I like my food and don’t like veggies and exercise?
by Mariana Bozesan
Human beings were made to move. That’s why we have long legs and arms and muscles. Exercise keeps us not only mentally sane and our muscles toned, it brings life carrying oxygen to the body without which we would be dead. There is no way around regular movement of the body. This is also the same reason why we have to eat high-water content raw - not dead and cooked - veggies. Veggies bring water, oxygen, minerals, vitamins, carbohydrates and proteins - in other words life force - to our bodies.
Having said that, I personally believe in evolution not revolution when it comes to bringing about change.
It is obvious that change needs to happen if we want to achieve a different result in anything. Thus, making slow changes
in your diet and routine is the cornerstone to beginning to like what you formerly disliked. As the body begins to go back to health and balance you will begin to enjoy healthy, life bringing foods, more than dead and processed junk foods.
You can bring about change to a healthier life style in the following way:
- Start with adding a green drink to your daily routine. This is a green powder that you can purchase at any health food store that consists of dried green vegetables, usually barley or rye grasses are the major component. While the exact amount varies with the brand you choose, generally you mix a spoonful in a glass of water. If you drink one glass of this before each meal it will not only make sure you eat less, but you will be making sure your body receives the alkalizing nutrients it needs to begin the healing process to restore balance and health. If you increase your intake of this green drink to one gallon per day you will make significant steps toward cleaning and alkalizing your body and some fat will start being released.
- Without changing your diet, you can also add essential fatty acids (essential oils such as flaxseed oils, Udo’s Oil blend, olive oil) in the form of supplements from the health food store. Essential fatty acids will assist with the alkalizing process but also have the added advantage of increasing serotonin, the so called happy hormone, and will improve your overall sense of well-being.
- Without changing what you are eating, you can start to make changes in how you are eating. If you simply pay attention while you are eating you will notice when you are satiated and stop eating sooner than you would if you are busy doing something else while you eat. Do not read, or drive or watch television while you are eating. Chew your food thoroughly, really taste it, and don't take another bite until you have swallowed the previous bite. In addition, you can begin to eat your meat with vegetables (not potatoes) or salad instead of rise, bread, or pasta. These simple changes in habit will make sure you will lose weight and get you to enjoy your food more while eating less of it.
- If you insist on not exercising, at least start a program of deep breathing exercises to increase the oxygen in your system. Your cells need oxygen to produce energy and your digestive system needs the energy your cells produce to release toxins and fat from your body. Make it a habit is walking your or other people’s dog, mowing the lawn, going up the stairs instead of taking the elevator, riding your bike to grocery shopping instead of your car etc. As you begin doing that every day you will begin to feel better emotionally and physically. Your brain will begin to associate more pleasure with exercise and before you know it you will make exercise a daily habit.
These steps will help you to lose weight, but if you are serious, you must also address your diet
. You do not need to completely give up the foods you love.
- Increasing your portions of vegetables; and
- Decreasing the meats, dairy and refined carbohydrates in your diet. Your goal should be to have 70 percent vegetables and not more than 30 percent meats, dairy or refined carbohydrates on your plate in eat meal, but you don't have to start there. As you start to feel better we believe that you will find it easier to incorporate changes into your life.
- I also recommend that you continue your research into the implications of being overweight and having a sedentary lifestyle. Are the foods you prefer worth the health risks? Did you know that every second person in our society dies of heart or coronary disease and every third person dies of cancer? The risk of contracting either of these diseases can be significantly decreased through a healthy diet and exercise.
You can buy all of the products mentioned here in most health food stores or online. In our shop:(www.sageera.com/index.php/articles/shop/
) you can purchase the products that I have researched and tested heavily and found to be the best in the world at this point in time.
Measure Your Body Mass Index Here!