Morning Habits for Successful Weight Loss
If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.
— Maya Angelou
by Mariana Bozesan
Permanent weight success comes only through healthy habits which have been established over a longer period of time. I have summarized some of the best recommendations of our experts below:
- Bowel care: Upon waking up, take your friendly bacteria (probiotic, acidophilus bifidus, etc.). These products often have to be taken on an empty stomach. In addition, drink a large glass of water at room temperature to get the bowels moving.
- Personal hygiene: Brush your skin intensely with a Loofah bath pad (to remove dead cells, support and encourage the detoxification process and enable new skin building). To stimulate the natural production of the human growth hormones, which promote weight loss and healing, self-administer a massage with sesame oil before taking a shower. While performing personal morning hygiene, drink a cup of hot water with ginger and lemon. In Ayurveda, this simple technique has been successfully used to support effortless weight loss. Simply sip hot water every 30 minutes throughout the day. The results can be astounding.
- Mindbody Ritual: Spend at least 10 minutes every morning in meditation, prayer or contemplation. Before doing that, bring weight loss and all other goals into your awareness. Close your eyes and visualize having accomplished all of them: See yourself healthy and vibrant in your favorite outfit. Visualize yourself with your dream mate and accomplishing all of the successes you have ever wanted. Ask yourself, "How would that make me feel? How proud would I be?" Put as many feelings of happiness and fulfillment as you possibly can into those visualizations. See them as if they were already part of your current life. In addition, cultivate daily the power of gratitude and forgiveness by thinking of all the people in your life whom you love and who love you. Think of all the things that you are grateful for and forgive all those — including yourself — who have caused you harm in the past. Just decide to let go of all negative feelings in your life. Remember that you are the master of your feelings and not the other way around. Realize that compared to most people on earth you are very blessed.
- Breathing Awareness: Before your daily exercise, perform a breathing routine. Count breathing in (for example, to 8), hold the breath for four times that count (32) and breathe out for twice the breathe-in count (16). This ensures that your body has enough oxygen to help you in your detoxification process and to create the health and energy you need for the day.
- Daily exercise: Go for a brisk walk, swim or jog, and use a rebounder or your bed to support your immune system. Do whatever works best for you, but make sure to do it for at least 30 minutes daily. Exercising in the morning ensures that your metabolism stays high throughout your day. By doing that your body consumes more calories and deposits less fat. During exercise, use the time to connect with nature if you are outdoors. If indoors, read some empowering literature or listen to empowering tapes such as The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Dr. Deepak Chopra, Get the Edge™ by Tony Robbins, Songs of Affirmation by Louise Hay or 101 Ways of Transforming Your Life by Dr. Wayne Dyer.
- Set yourself up to win: Prepare for your day by formulating outcomes and by scheduling a massive action plan for your 3-5 top goals for that day. Achieving the scheduled outcomes will provide a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment at the end of the day.
- Green drink: Have a teaspoon of green drink mixed with one teaspoon of essential fatty acids (oils) in a glass of water. This will energize and alkalize your body and ensure weight loss. This habit will ensure that you will already have had a huge "salad" no matter what else the day brings.
- Breakfast: For breakfast, as with everything you put into your mouth from now on, remember the 70-30 rule, which reflects the content of your own body. This means that 70 percent of the food on your plate has to be high-water, high-fiber content, unaltered, alkalizing natural food. Alternatively, you can have a raw food smoothie or one type of fruit if you are not too hungry (boy, honor that!). Make sure to take digestive enzymes and daily supplements. If possible, do not eat anything until 10am. Dr. Chopra tells us that between 6 and 10am, the body's metabolism is slower and will not digest the food as fast as after 10 o’clock.
- Most of all enjoy and celebrate life! Compared to most people on this planet you are very blessed to be able to read these lines. Appreciate it and move on with your life. You are very lucky!
Measure Your Body Mass Index Here!